Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sugar Plums are Dancing in my Head...

"The children were nestled, all snug in their beds while visions of sugar plums danced in their heads..."

I don't know about the children, but I am certainly dreaming of sugar plums and pretty blue packages wrapped in white and red ribbons and pink santas and sugared cookies and cinnamon scented rooms and clove studded oranges...

I know. I was trying to fight the feelings, trying hard to hold out until the Friday after Thanksgiving...THAT is supposed to be decorating day. But I just couldn't! On the plus side I found this gorgeous "candy" garland this weekend and while pulling out my silver Christmas tree today, unearthed these darling little crocheted cupcakes that I bought on clearance after Christmas last year. That is simply the BEST time to buy Christmas items, but hard to do~by the time Christmas is over (perhaps because I start so prematurely?) I'm sick to death of decorations and sweets and carols and the clutter and the messiness that always seem to accompany the holidays. Plus, I'm truly wiped out from holiday parties and family get-togethers (not that I want to miss any of them!).



This is a photo of my silver Christmas tree that I put up in our bedroom. I'm sorry it's a bit blurry...also I seem to have cut off the tippy top which I finished off with an easter bonnet (continuing with the pink/blue theme). I'm pretty happy with it. This tree is actually closer to 6 feet high, but you can use just the top as I did here, and make it much more manageable for a small space (and our bedroom is SMALL!).


PS I finished the Christmas mobile but haven't taken pictures yet...I'll try to do that tomorrow...

2 comments:

Peta said...

I adore those cupcakes and that garland! Your tree looks fab.

ChicChick said...

Thank you! With the cupcakes and my peppermint-vanilla candle lit I feel like I'm in a tiny bakery! :)