Monday, November 06, 2006

New Art, Bad Photo...


This is a little mixed media piece I have been working on for awhile. I wish the picture would have come out better. If you can't read it, the words in the woman's belly are: Sadness, Fear, Anger and Guilt and the words running down the side (on top of the black) read: Eating Your Words. I wanted to do something like this because it's how I feel about negative feelings. I know I'm not the only one who finds it hard to express my feelings, especially the "less ladylike" ones. Expressing myself, making requests; hard things to do~but essential.



I also found another plus-sized magazine (Figure), this one in real-honest-to-goodness print. There is something very satisfying about holding a glossy magazine in your hands and flipping through the pages then storing them carefully and looking at them again and again. I absolutely, positively HATE crinkled/bent/mangled/torn magazines. Even if my favorite magazine was the last on the shelf, I would have to leave it there if it was in poor condition. I don't know what this "issue" is called (no pun intended!) but whatever it is, I have it!

2 comments:

jungle dream pagoda said...

You have crtainly found your creative mojo,wonderful art !

ChicChick said...

Thank you! This didn't turn out at all like I had sketched...I almost didn't post it because I'm not ultra happy with it, but now am glad I did! :)