Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Christmas Crafty (or 2)...


Have I mentioned yet how excited I am for Christmas? I'm working on a vintage-inspired Chrismtas mobile. These little retro colored Christmas balls will go around the top of the mobile (sort of like a pretty umbrella top) and the tiny Santa, reindeer and presents will float underneath. I'm having such a hard time deciding on a Christmas color theme this year...on the one hand, I'm really leaning toward the traditional red, white and green; using vintage decorations as much as possible. On the other hand, a Christmas of robin's egg blue, silver, bright pink and white is quite tempting as well! I would love to do the whole house up in similar colors, but because of the cool/warm room colors (I know I've mentioned this in a previous post!) I'm struggling. Any thoughts on this?

Fa-la-la...how many days left?

2 comments:

deb said...

Ooh.. love the sounds of that. Can't wait to see pictures!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Your mobile sounds FAB! I do traditional colors at my house because I mostly decorate in red ,blue,and yellow all year round,plus vintage goodies(my primary decorations) are mostly in these colors. I think your new color scheme sounds marvy,I always love a different colr scheme for x-mas ,just not at my house.