Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Grateful for Apples & Cakes &...


Thanksgiving is almost upon us~this time of year (as we are told over and over again) is the perfect time to spend some time thinking about what we are grateful for. I try hard to always count my blessings and say prayers of thanks whenever I think of something I'm grateful for, especially when it's something I've never thought of before...like fingernails. When is the last time you thought how grateful you are about something that is so useful but maybe gets taken a little bit for granted? I mean, how else can you pop out a wayward staple quickly, scratch the delicate skin by your eye or those nasty summer bug bites?

Now it's time for bed and I'm extremely grateful that I have a warm, comfortable bed to sleep in and a warm house around me and a husband and pets to share it with. Tomorrow I will start my Thankfulness List...will you join me?

PS The Apple Walnut cake is yummier than it looks-and this one is headed to work tomorrow to be shared with my new coworkers who are quickly becoming kind friends.

No comments: