Monday, August 21, 2006

Clean and Comfy...


I was just thinking, yet again, how much I love my home and how grateful I am for simple things. I love, love, love slow weekend mornings when I pad around in bare feet in the kitchen, mixing up blueberry muffins or whole wheat waffles. I like to listen to old music, sometimes in French (Edith Piaf is my new love), or old jazz and big band records on my ancient record player. I love to tidy up and get everything all clean and sparkly and then, finally, I feel like I can relax and breathe deeply again. There is something about clutter and things lying around that makes me crazy. I cannot fully relax and let go unless my surroundings are relatively orderly.

I especially love cool mornings when, after cleaning the kitchen and baking something yummy, I can curl up on the couch with a pet or two, spread a fuzzy blanket over us to cuddle up in, and enjoy reading a good book or magazine while sipping my flavored decaf (usually French Vanilla, but sometimes Hazelnut). I run my little water fountain and turn on just the low table lamps and snuggle in. Ahhhh...domestic bliss!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love domestic and simple weekends also...especially with a slow and steady rain outside.

ChicChick said...

I know~when others are complaining about a rainy weekend, if I'm going to be home, I secretly feel happy! :)