Monday, March 12, 2007

What You Think About...



Have you seen "The Secret" yet? Read the book? Watched the Oprah show(s) featuring it? An interesting concept to be sure..."What you think about, you bring about" as one of the experts says on the DVD. It's fascinating to me~based on the Law of Attraction which basically says that what we focus on and put our energy into multiplies. True? I'm doing a little test right now to see: Last week I focused on flowers. I wanted someone to give me flowers, or to find some flowers (not likely in our snow-covered state), send me a floral note card...something to do with flowers. I shared my item of concentration with my husband and instructed him to not buy me any flowers. I wanted to see where they would come from...



Today I found out we won second place in a photo contest and guess what one of the gift certificates is for? A flower shop. Are you surprised? I was, I will admit it. And thankful. It feels good to know that God cares about even the little things, like flowers.




This is an ATC I have been playing with. It's for someone special. Shhhh, I can't tell who! It's a secret...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome about the flowers. I am going to try that this week...but what should I focus on? Your ATC is so bright and happy-love it.

Pam-Pam

ChicChick said...

Thank you! I love bright colors...can you tell? :)

What to focus on...something attainable but not something expected, that would be my advice. I'm planning to start small and keep putting bigger ideas out there and see what happens! :)

deb said...

Wow! I truly love that concept and what a wonderful story! I'm loving your atc.. so many fun little goodies and bright colors!

ChicChick said...

Thanks Deb...I LOVE ATC's and need to make more time to create/exchange them when I have a bit more time. I would love to create a sort of baseball card binder full of ATC's.