Thursday, March 15, 2007

I should be in bed...


I should be in bed; it's past time for me. I just got back from an a local art forum meeting and as I'm coming to see, these art situations leave me full of inspiration and despair.
I think I've posted this photo before, but I'm too tired to go back and check. Please forgive me?
As I was saying these art events, while stimulating and interesting to observe, leave me feeling a bit...behind the 8-ball. First of all, when I introduce myself to someone I never know what to say. Artist? Aspiring artist? Creative person? Wanna be? I'm not sure so sometimes I just say my name. Then they ask me to repeat it (Perrino isn't very common in these parts). Plus, I have to tell you something. When I go to these events there are often "famous" artists present. Do you know all I can think of in these situations is how silly my art would seem to them? Then I feel horribly guilty for thinking mean thoughts about my "baby art". That is how it feels to me these days, like baby art. It's not fully grown. It's like the promise of good art...does that make any sense? But how can it be this great, breathtaking art I want it to be when I'm so impatient with it? When I feel embarassed that it's not like other people's?
Good grief~sorry for the rant. I've really been in quite a positive mood lately, not sure what happened tonight.
Regardless, here is the link to the gallery show that I'm part of. Mine is the itsy bitsy tiny piece to the very far right in the 2nd photo (I think!). There will be a reception held tomorrow night and I'm planning to stop by for a bit. Perhaps that's what all this is; nerves?
Night-night. XOXOXO


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see your piece more clearly :( Maybe you will post it on your blog after the show? How fun to be in this show. I bet the reception will be great and a good time to make new contacts.

Pam-Pam

ChicChick said...

Oh, sorry! That's not a photo of my piece. It's somewhere (Jan?) on an older post. This is just a flower photo I had on hand...Thanks for the encouragement..I hope it will be fun!

Heidi said...

How great to be in a gallery show. Congratulations!

ChicChick said...

Thanks Heidi! We went last night and I was a little nervous...but because of a big snowstorm it must have been cancelled! Oh well, we had fun looking at all the art anyway! :)