Saturday, March 24, 2007

To Cut or Not to Cut...


Well, I have to tell you I'm absolutely enthralled with restructured clothing. This is a GREAT site if you are interested or looking for inspiration in this area.
When we were away 2 weeks ago for Girl's Day Out, I fell in love with this beautiful little cream colored top which had a long flounce of red and white polka dotted sheer fabric along the bottom. Though it spoke to me it's price tag of $70 said "run!". I left it behind, but very sadly. My sister, Faith said it seemed easy enough to make. Above is my first attempt. My other sister, Celeste gave me a few old sweater tops she didn't want anymore. I used one of those, cut, sewed and viola! A pretty new spring top. Very easy project...I used a scarf cut into two sections so that it was already hemmed along the bottom. I like the raw edge look a lot, so I left the top raw and did a simple zig-zag stitch there.

I'm so excited~I want to try something else! Now, where can I find some more scarves???

No comments: