Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I did it!



I did it! I did it! I finished my take on "Nature Preserved" for the upcoming submission deadline at Somerset Studio! Whew~what a load off my mind...my shoulders seem to have raised 3 inches since I dropped my envelope in the mail this morning.






I debated for a long time on whether or not to try to ship the whole shebang to the studio, but in the end (after all the hours of work!) decided it wasn't worth the risk. I just couldn't think of a way to package everything so it wouldn't end up in a crunched up in shambles at the bottom of the packing box.


I am calling this "Bits of Heaven" because, being a true crunchy and avid nature-lover, that is what I feel when I'm out in nature...like nature here is just a bit of a preview of what heaven will be like.

My original thought when I sketched this project out was to have each box hanging horizontally on a branch (one of the two shown in the photo) but the boxes ended up a bit larger and more flexible than I thought and I don't think the end result would have been pretty. So, I left each of the boxes seperate, but displayed them using the branches instead. I'm pretty pleased with the results!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat-o. They look great and I hope to hear the results from the contest! I especially like the spring one with the robin eggs in the nest.P

deb said...

I love it Joy! Looking forward to hearing the results. I love Somerset Studios mag.

ChicChick said...

Thanks ladies! I appreciate your kind words...I have to say it feels wonderful completing a project and your compliments are the icing on the cake!