Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dreaming of "That's Clever!"...


Oh my. I can't believe it's true~one of my all time favorite shows on HGTV is coming to Vermont to tape! "That's Clever!" will be here the last week of October and first week of November. How exciting!

I saw the ad in the local paper and had to submit my application. The woman who walked me through the process was so kind and helpful. She said there MAY be a spot or two left and that a decision should be made by the end of the week. Oh my. Can you imagine? Anyone in my family could tell you that this is my childhood dream. I used to make up commercials, taglines, talk shows, etc. My sister, Aimee and I spent HOURS taping "shows" and radio jingles onto tapes (that would be audio tapes...way before VCR's ever came out!). I remember clearly going to the gorgeous Boston Aquarium and my favorite part of the AQUARIUM was an area where they had a video camera and a screen and you could watch yourself doing the evening news. I love this stuff! I've secretly always dreamed of having my own little craft/art show on the local cable network.

Well, I hestitated to post that I was applying on here. I mean, now if I don't make it I will feel so bad that I got your hopes up! But, I suppose it's more important for me to share this excitement than worry about that. Sorry, hope that doesn't seem too selfish...
These photos are some of the projects I submitted. My "theme" was mixed media purses/wall art. I wish I had better things to submit, but everything happened so quickly!

If I make it onto the show, I bet you will all hear my screams of glee from wherever you are in the country.

If you wanted to say a little prayer or cross your fingers, I wouldn't mind a bit...

1 comment:

deb said...

congratulations!! How exciting. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. You have an excellent chance of being chose. I love love love that show and can't wait to hear more about it!