Thursday, July 06, 2006

Special Order Purse...


Last week my dear sister Aimee and I went shopping for fabric to make her a new purse. She described what she wanted and I knew, I just knew the perfect fabric was at Joann's. I've been aching to try out one of the bright colored canvas fabrics, but couldn't make up my mind which would make a best summer purse for me. Luckily, Aimee knew just the one she wanted as soon as she saw the bright stripes.

We picked out this summery, candy striped fabric and some nice sturdy interfacing. I had the pretty bamboo handles from another purse project that went awry. (I'm never sure what to DO with the purses that end up, shall we say, less than perfect so I'm collecting them in a pile in my craft room). I added the lining (crisp white muslin) and some interior pockets to hold her cell phone and compact.

I love making bags. I haven't made any in quite awhile and was happy to get this request. Now I'll have to send her off with a fistful of my business cards, in case she gets inquiries!

2 comments:

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

Very Crafty :) Gosh, why don't my sisters make me anything? Well, other than trouble!

Anonymous said...

And I LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it!!!
It is the epitomy of summer. . .
You'd better get me those business cards--quick! (~_^)