Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Perfect Summer Day...



Today is one of those perfect Vermont summer days. It's breezy and cool and the sun is shining so brightly that it feels warm and and liquid all at once. It's absolutely perfect, down to the fresh clean smell of cut grass and a hint of woodsmoke.

I've been feeling a little uncreative lately, though yesterday I did start a little project for a Somerset Studio contest that is coming up this fall. It's on women literary figures and I'm doing a project inspired by Emily Dickinson who is my very favorite poet. I can't tell you too much about it, because I haven't sorted out just what I'm doing yet. I hope it will come out well!

This weekend I have been putting the final cleaning/organizational touches on my front porch, which used to house my little vintage decor shop. It was sad to pack everything up and go through all the charming things I've accumulated to sell, but it also feels like the right decision and ending one thing always allows room for the beginning of the next adventure. I'm anxious to see what that might be!

2 comments:

deb said...

Can't wait to hear more about your Somerset project! Lovin those cosmos! :)

ChicChick said...

Thanks~I was getting frustrated with the project yesterday and had to set it aside but I did quite a bit tonight and it's starting to come together!

The flowers were at the farmer's market in one of the cities we visited on our summer vacation...aren't they pretty?