Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Preparing the Shop...


Oooh, I'm so happy it was warm this weekend~I spent some time getting the shop ready for opening weekend. I'm planning to officially open the first weekend in May, but am having an Open House Saturday April 29th with goodies to eat and lots of fun new things to sell. I'm so anxious to re-open, it's been a long and cold winter.

One of the best things about having the shop are all the sweet and very interesting people I've met. I have people who come in to browse and don't buy a thing, but their kind compliments about my decorating and the way things are put together means just as much to me as a purchase.

I've always been drawn to decorating, from the time I had my own room in my parents rustic log cabin until now. My taste has changed over the years, from Victorian to Eclectic to Asian-inspired then to Cottage style. Now I would say that it's a mix of vintage and eclectic. My shop is more cottage/shabby chic'ish but my home is more of a mix and brighter colors. I LOVE decorating! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I have so much fun moving things from here to there, painting this and that and then starting all over again. I'm glad I have such a patient husband who doesn't mind all the changing I do.

Oh, I nearly forgot! Here is a photo of Suzette the little porcelin doll I bought at a flea market. She belonged to a lady who had gotten her during childhood and the woman was in her 80's when she sold her to this flea market! So, she's quite ancient. Isn't she pretty, all worn and faded? I'm normally not a fan of dolls, they give me the creeps to be honest, but I just couldn't pass her up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, i wish i was near enough to see the shop in person...it is beautiful!!! And that dolly is AMAZING!!! wow! Don't you love finding secondhand treasures like that?

Anonymous said...

Amanda again...wanted to let you know i responded to your wonderful sweet comment, and that we finally finished moving the old posts there, so ther is a ton more stuff to look at over there now should you wanna see! :)

And i am still loving those hats!!!! soooo gorgeous!

LaurieStar said...

Wish I could come see your shop! :) It looks great!