Monday, February 20, 2006


What a day! I've fallen into the bad habit of lethargy. Yesterday was one of those yucky days where I had so many things I wanted to do, cleaning projects, home decorating ideas and artsy craftsy projects to begin, but I ended up doing nothing at all! I was s0 frustrated with myself. I love weekends and my time at home is so incredibly special to me that I was doubly irritated with myself for wasting time with my inertia. Today, however, was a different story! This afternoon it was like I had been hit by a bolt of decorating/decluttering lightening!

It all started when I asked my darling husband to help me move our computer desk to another wall in the living room. It looked so much better and less cluttery that I went on to push furniture from room to room. I swapped out a couple of book cases which in turn forced me to cull my book collection (I had NO idea I had so many!). I threw out a half-dead Boston fern from two summers ago (it was still hard to say goodbye!) sorted a beautiful set of pink china into a couple of boxes for one of my darling sisters, emptied my "candle cupboard" and rearranged what was left in a new area. It feels great in here...though I'm so tired I couldn't quite finish in the dining room. I'll have to make time tomorrow morning to put my record player and records in some new locale.

I feel free! I feel uncluttered and cleaned out! I feel....happy that I took the time to do this. I have so much more I want to do, but for now it's nice to have gotten this far. I'm attaching a couple of the craft projects that I did manage to accomplish this weekend....


1 comment:

ChicChick said...

Thank you so much for writing! You definitely hit the nail on the head about blogging...it does feel like you are just posting away and thinking no one else is really out there...or at least not following any of your posts! To get a response and COMPLIMENTS too...my, what a wonderful afternoon this has been!

Thanks again!