Friday, February 24, 2006

A nice weekend ahead...


Oh, I'm so happy it's Friday. I really struggled to stay "on task" at work today. I work in a research office at a large university. The work isn't really what I am meant to do, but there are definitely benefits. Today I've been feeling rather sorry for myself though, wishing I was home cranking out artsy-craftsy projects and feeling rather pathetic as I worked my way through boring contracts and tedious spreadsheets. This was not helped by the fact that I watched some taped episodes of Crafters Coast to Coast and Carol Duvall this morning on the treadmill (this is instead of caffeine first thing). Though inspiring, I felt rather dismal about going to my grey workplace for another day on the treadmill of my career.

Oh, enough about that! I must say I'm in a bit of a funk, but I don't want to spread that negative energy around!

Let's see...happy thoughts, happy thoughts...oh! Our anniversary was lovely. My husband bought me the prettiest pink rose; but not regular old pink, it's like pink with dark pink edging all over the petals. Very nice. I'll try to post a shot of it. AND we are going away for a lovely romantic weekend in Montreal to a really pretty B&B...very colorful and lots of breathtaking artwork. At least, that's how it looks on the website. I'll try to get photos of that too.

I'm feeling very creative this week...I can't wait to finish an altered/mixed media purse I've been working on. I just need some spiffy handles...

No comments: