Saturday, January 13, 2007

What a Wonderful Year...

Well, this year is off to an exciting start~I often think of "my" new year beginning with my birthday which is January 10th. This year especially it felt like a new start with a new decade before me.

I had SUCH a wonderful birthday! We spent the night in a lovely little Bed & Breakfast and took a long, chilly walk in freshly falling snow the morning of my birthday. Then we returned to the sunroom for a breakfast of fresh baked cinnamon buns (yum!), lemon creme pancakes, soy sausage and fresh fruit. It was all so lovely. I spent a little time with my Somerset Studio magazine (incredibly beautiful creations in there!) then headed home after a brief visit to the local scrapbooking store for some new altered art supplies. (I'm attempting two of the upcoming "Call to Artists" in the Somerset magazine).

I spent a little quiet time when I got home, and unpacked~then it was time for my in-home massage in front of the warm fire. It was HEAVEN! After my massage I spent a little more time relaxing (with a cup of flavored coffee) and then hubby came home and gave me my "Big Gift" which was (dum dum dum dum~trumpet noises) a SCOOTER! I KNOW! I nearly fell over! It's so beautiful-shiny and lime green...I cannot wait to try it out, but have to wait for some warm weather. Wow~What a lucky girl I am! After a long time spent ooohing and ahhing over my gift we headed inside to get ready for dinner (tuna steak with wasabi and hoisen sauce and garlic mashed potatos YUM), then home for cupcakes and presents with one of my sister's and my mother-in-law. I took a pretty picture of my lovely cupcakes to share with you, but the problem has returned and I'm not having any luck posting photos yet again. (Sniff). I'm trying to be patient but I am really beginning to get frustrated!

Anyway, in all it was quite a perfect day an I feel SO grateful and happy that I could usher in my 30's in such a special way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful day :)

Pam-Pam