Monday, June 26, 2006

Playing with Altered Art...




Today was a day off work for me...I love days off! I was secretly pleased that it was rainy and chilly out~no excuse needed why I couldn't work out in the yard, why I didn't want to spend time lounging on the beach. I have been looking forward to getting my hands sticky and smeared with paint and glue for some time, and today I finally got the chance to play.

The top left photo is the front cover of the new altered board book I'm working on...I made the Mona Lisa figure with a clay transfer technique and added some beads and wire to put her together. The photo on the right is one of the page layouts...the book's theme is following your dreams and taking time to listen to yourself, something that is very near and dear to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Following your dreams and taking time to listen to yourself"nice theme to work on ..i like the clay transfer technique u used for monalisa pic and adding beads ect u did lot of work here...beautiful work.