Thursday, June 29, 2006

New Crafty Art Space...

I was laying in bed last night, thinking about all the topics I want to post about here in my little corner of the country, my sweet little blog. It's so exciting to read new comments and check out the blogs of visitors. I love blogs because they allow you to feel so connected, so in touch with people you otherwise wouldn't know exsisted, and vise-versa. I live in a tiny little town in New England, and believe me, I don't meet a lot of new people in my work or personal life. Of course, this could be because I keep myself so busy in my own little self-contained world that I haven't made a new friend since high school (with the exception of my dear friend, Pam, whom I met at my previous job). I think there might be something wrong with me. I'm perfectly content to be nearly friendless! Of course, I do have three older sisters and we are closer than close, so I suppose I just don't take the intitiative to meet new women friends. Geesh, this isn't coming out very well at all. I am trying to say how much I appreciate and enjoy "meeting" new people here via my blog and others that I visit, and instead I sound like a grumpy hermit!

Well, hopefully (if you are still reading) you will forgive my faux pas and see the underlying message: I like meeting new people! I like friends! I like you! :)

Anyway, lets just get on with it shall we?

So, the picture above is a photo in my new craft/art room. You know, I can't ever just say "ART" room because I don't really think of myself as an artist. Creative? Yes. Dabbler? Yes. Artistically inclined? Perhaps. But ARTIST is so scary and professional sounding. Anyway, we recently moved rooms all around the house: The dining room became my husband's band room (he's an EXCELLENT drummer), the dining room table is awaiting storage departure and is left stranded on the front porch, my craft room was moved up to my husband's previous band room and we now have an empty bedroom where my craft/art room used to be. Whew! It's exhausting to write and believe me, more exhausting to move it all!

I would love to post more pictures of my new room, but it's still in a bit of disarray. Also, I just noticed when I took this picture, that my hubby's old cymbal clock is still on my wall. I wonder if he's been missing it?

2 comments:

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

I did a search for altered art, and found your page. I have this love of altered art, but am incapable of doing it. Then I wonder, what will I do with it when I'm done?!? And I buy all these beautiful thingies and paper.. then don't want to destoy them. It's just so complicated :)

But, cute blog. Your note is funny. Sometimes knowing TOO many people make things complicated anyway :) I like meeting new people, too. But if you're close with your sisters.. that could be why you're content. There is only so much time for people... the rest is for creating :)

ChicChick said...

Amen to all that, sister! :) I have the same issue with the "feasibility" of my creations...if it's not overly practical I usually talk myself out of it!