Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Few New Things...



Today it was raining when I went out for my early morning walk. I walked a different route than normal and strolled through an old cemetary nearby. I wish I had brought my camera (isn't that always the way?). There was a thick mist hanging over the back portion of the graveyard, near the tree line. And (how perfect is this in an Edgar Allen Poe way?) there were ravens (ok, crows) standing in the front portion of the cemetary. It felt so mystical and I swear when I breathed in the cool, misty bits of air I felt charged somehow...


The photo above is my new friend...she's very quiet and always listens patiently~I took this on a previous adventure to the same cemetary. Other people may find me morbid, but I love old graveyards; all the ancient stones and sculptures and all the beautiful moss and wear that they often show off. Only OLD graveyards though, not new ones. I stay away from newer stones too, they don't have that same aesthetic beauty to me.


Along the line of new things like my friend above, I'm working on a new blog and a website to go along with it. I've hesitated writing about it here, because now I will have to be accountable for actually going through with it...which is exactly what I need. I realize I've come quite a long way in some regards, to the whole concept of ChicChick. I'm sort of in a transition place...working on changing careers and changing other aspects of my life right along with that. I will most likely keep this blog going, for sharing the day to day simple pleasures, but I feel a real need to begin somewhere with my new career, and a new blog and website to showcase my online portfolio is probably a great place to start. I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love old graveyards too! As a kid I used to read all the stones in the small country graveyard near my home. I always felt it was a peaceful place. That photo is really good - can't wait to see the new blog.

Pam-Pam

Anonymous said...

Great work.