Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Bit of Excitement...


Well, what good news I got this week! I am going to be one of the new correspondents for our local newspaper, The St. Albans Messenger! I'm really very excited about this new adventure. I think it will be a lot of fun to learn more about my community and also to have more of a reason to write. I love writing! I just love it.

Above is a photo I'm playing with in Photoshop Elements. I'm going to be taking a class (I think) in July to learn more about this program. I've had it installed for about a year and I just can't seem to make myself sit down and read all about what it can do. I'm really excited to learn more about it~I think it will be a great asset to my altered art projects.

Speaking of which...I'm entering a contest to design a logo for a physical therapy group. I'm not quite sure what I' m doing yet; just playing with ideas at this point. It is at times like this when I really wish I had mastered a graphic design program like InDesign. I dabble with it here and there at work, but I'm about, oh, 40 pages into the manual! There is SO much it can do and I haven't even scratched the surface yet. I'm such a hands on learner though...reading about something just doesn't do it for me most of the time.

Well, I have the house to myself tonight and I'm off to play in my creative room...wish me luck!

No comments: