Monday, December 04, 2006

Here's Looking at You, Peeka-Choo...


This is Peeka-Choo...who answers to several nicknames, if said in the right tone of voice. Isn't she the cutiest?

Last week we had quite a scare. I found a lump on her side. It was hard and instantly I was thinking "cancer" and imagining the doctor telling us she had only weeks to live. I spent most of the long Thanksgiving weekend praying and trying to think positively and alternately running to the bathroom to cry when I thought about losing her.

We have two cats too, Spazzi and Magoo (aka Fat Boy). We had a beautiful, sweet adopted greyhound named Paca too. Paca did not have a mean bone in her body, as my Dad likes to say (and it's true). She was such a loving and sweet girl. We lost her to a freak accident last summer and my heart is still quite broken.

Needless to say, when I brought Peeka to the vets last week my stomach was sick. I was so scared...but guess what? The doctor aspirated the lump and it was NOT cancerous! Actually, we think now (as it's disappeared) that it was a reaction to her vaccination from the week before. I spent the entire time between then and now thanking God that she is ok and praying that she has a long, healthy life with us.

Now our poor Fat Boy is not feeling well. He seems to have a blockage or infection of some kind. I'm really worried. Why is everyone getting sick? Please, please, please let him be ok. Please let it be just some indigestion or something else that will be easily cured...please?

My furry kids-if having all of you healthy is all I get for Christmas, I will be completely happy. Promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture. I always worry about my pets too as they are completely honest creatures and cannot be anything other than what they are..cat...dog..bird. It is also fun to spoil them with affection. I just read in a magazine that a plump pet is a sign that you are close to it and treat it as one of the family...that must explain my cat Atticus (a.k.a. fattie-attie). He really is quite beautiful - as is Sandy cat! I hope your cat is ok...you have great pets!!

PI

ChicChick said...

Hey~thanks for the comfort. Fat Boy is FINE! :) He must have eaten something that didn't agree with him, but seems back to his old playful self...knocking ornaments from the tree and batting at our legs as we pass! :)