Thursday, December 14, 2006

Feeling Charlie-Brown-y...

Hmmm, I must say I have a bit of Charlie Brown attitude going on tonight. My day went well...lots of laughs at work, a nice brisk walk after with hubby and Peeka...but now I feel, sad. My husband told me the other day he is planning a big birthday party for my 30th. I thought he meant with all our families and was worried it would be just one more "thing" that everyone has to get through. I wouldn't blame them, not one little bit. I am already feeling the strain of the holidays, I certainly wouldn't feel like going to yet another party the second week in January.

Anway, Serge said that no, he meant a "friends" party. Drinks, music, hanging out, whatever. Yes, well that would be wonderful if I had friends I suppose. You know, I never really notice that I don't have friends until occasions such as this arise. I have two very excellent friends and one of them lives very far away (North Carolina). I suppose I could invite my one friend to party down with us...hey three's a crowd right?

But, not to worry. Serge, being ever kind and generous, offered me his friends for the evening! It's like a rent-a-friend-party! I said that this would be very cool with me, but only if one would jump out of my cake singing "Foxy Lady" in a Jimmi Hendricks impersonation.

Anyway, I do have lots of aquaintances and some friends who I just am starting to socialize with...friendships are so much like romances at times. Is it too soon to invite X to a 30th birthday party? Would she think I'm being presumptuous? Would she think I'm too forward? Moving to fast? On and on the worries go...

Oh for pity's sake. One of my "resolutions" for the next decade is to do more things that scare me: Here we go!

I will contact every single person I know who shows any sort of friendly interest in me (yes, that includes you, new post office woman!) to my party. If I ask 50 people, 5 may show up...Regardless, I will be here with a tiara on my head, red on my lips and a drink in hand if you want to stop by.

Bring it on 30's, I'm not scared of you (much).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have an excellent birthday with all the spirit of moving into a decade full of fun surprises and great learning opportunities.

Pam-Pam

jungle dream pagoda said...

Wish I lived nearby,Happy Birthday!

deb said...

I'd come celebrate with you if I lived near you! You'll have a wonderful birthday and 30 really isn't so bad. :)

Merry Christmas to you Chic Chick!

ChicChick said...

Thank you three so much! I'm sorry to be such a downer around the holidays...I know my birthday will be fabulous! Take care and if each of you lived closer, you would be at the top of my invite list! :)

Love,
-Joy