Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Farm Girl Extravaganza...


Wow~what a day! This was the first annual Farm Girl Sale for myself and group of 3 others...and what a sale it was!

We worried this week as each of us scoured the weather reports which forecasted rain, rain, a thunder shower and yet more rain. The morning was misty and foggy when I got up at 5:15 to start loading the truck with all my goodies, a process in itself. I was pretty proud that I managed to haul in a full sized dresser and large rolling craft table on my own (though I did score a few black & blue marks on various body parts doing so). I sweaty, hot and hungry when I finally pulled into my sister's yard and surveyed the canopies we had set up the night before. Then it was unpack, unbox, chuck empty boxes under the table and greet my friends and sister as each in turn came out to set up their own wares.

What a lot of fun we had~and the weather? GORGEOUS! It was sunny and hot with a nice cool breeze all day. We laughed, talked, ate yummy food and swapped a few "must have" items. A perfectly lovely day~I can't wait till sale time next year, girls!

No comments: