Monday, May 01, 2006

A Color Revelation...


Do you know, I could spend hours in the hardware store staring at paint chips? I stopped by on my way home just to get a can of white spray paint to "renew" a few items for the shop. I got sidetracked by the beautiful-crayonbox colors of the paint chips. There are so many beautiful colors...and the names! The names are so delicious you can feel it in your toes.

"Saltmarsh Pink", "Checkerberry", "Peach Puff", "June Bud", "Touch of Nectar", "Purple Sage"...breathtaking! What an incredibly fun job it must be to create the names for all these colors. One is named "Coconut Milk"; Honestly, it's not my favorite color (creamy off white) but just the fact that I want to drink it up makes me want to put it on my walls. What could be more comforting than enveloping yourself in coconut milk? Just the thought makes me feel all gooey and warm inside.

Here's to grownups crayons...all 1050 shades of Glidden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»